Accessibility FeaturesUPDATED : June , 2018
Features incorporated in the Al Noor Training Centre for Persons with Disabilities website to make it accessible are:
- Skip to Main Content:Quick access to the core content on the page is provided without going through repetitive navigation using the keyboard.
- Keyboard support (Expand/Collapse list):Press the Tab key to navigate. Press Enter to Open/Close the list and access the expanded list using the Tab. Further press the Enter key to activate the required option. The website can be also browsed using a keyboard by pressing the Tab and Shift + Tab keys.
- Accessibility Options:Options to change the size of the text, set a color scheme and increase the text spacing are provided.
- Descriptive Link Text:Brief description of a link is provided using descriptive phrases instead of just using words such as ‘Read more’ and ‘Click here’ as link text. Further, if a link opens a Website in a new window, the description specifies the same.
- Table Headers:The table headings are marked and associated with their corresponding cells in each row. This enables a screen reader to read out the column and row header of any cell for the user.
- Table caption and summary:Table captions are specified that act as labels, which indicate what data is provided in the table. In addition summary is specified to provide description for screen reader users to enable them understand the table information easily.
- Headings:The Web page content is organized using appropriate headings and subheadings that provide a readable structure. H1 indicates the main heading, whereas H2 indicates a subheading. In addition, appropriate headings have been provided to improve readability.
- Titles:An appropriate name for each Web page is specified that helps you to understand the page content easily.
- Alternate Text :Brief description of an image is provided for users with visual disability when screen reader is in use.
- Explicit Form Label Association:A label is linked to its respective control, such as text box, check box, radio button, and drop-down list. This enables the assistive devices to identify the labels for the controls on a form.
- Consistent Navigation Mechanism:Consistent means of navigation and style of presentation throughout the Website has been incorporated.
- Customized Text Size:The size of the text on the Web pages can be changed either through the browser, through the Accessibility Options page or by clicking on the text sizing icons present at the top of each page.
- Adjust contrast scheme:The website provides different schemes to enable users with visual impairments, such as low vision and colorblindness to view the web page information with ease. The two contrast schemes include Standard and High Contrast.